Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's Been Ages...

...since I have blogged. Well, it has been about two weeks, and that's longer than I've ever gone without a blog post. I apologize to all my readers for not posting in a while. It will take a few posts to catch you up with what we have been doing lately, but I do have lots of pics to share of all our adventures over the last few weeks.

About a month ago we met up with some church friends at the Creative Discovery Museum. Natalee is one of Rebekah's friends from Sunday school, and Sonya used to be their teacher until she had a baby last spring. Every few months the upper level is set up with a different theme. This summer all the activities are around the Curious George theme.


Joshua looks like he's not happy here, but he's actually trying to reach over the edge without using a step stool.


The kids got to participate in art time to correspond with the Curious George theme. They painted with yellow paint since that is most likely Curious George's favorite color. They used water to make lighter shades of yellow on their paper.


Even though Joshua has his own train table it's always fun to play with one at different locations.


Natalee's baby sister Lydia


Joshua LOVED Curious George!



Rebekah and Natalee play store.


While there Rebekah ran into another church (and preschool) friend Bing.




We also went out on the rooftop before finishing off our trip at the children's museum. We had never been out there before, and Rebekah particularly enjoyed the various activities. The first was a rope attached to a seat, threaded over a pulley, and was to be pulled until the seat reached the top and rang a bell.



Another activity the girls enjoyed was a merry-go-round that moved by pulling themselves around the wheeled handlebar.


Afterwards we spent some delicious pizza at Mellow Mushroom. Mmmmmm! I had never eaten there before, and even the pizza without cheese that I ordered for Joshua was really tasty.

I am convinced we'll have to get season tickets to the CDM now because it costs us for both children to go, and it would be worth our money. Both the kids had so much fun, and I think they would even enjoy visiting the museum again before Curious George is gone in September.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Candy said...

Looks like a great day! We love going to the Children's Museum!