Last week my uncle went Home to be with the Lord. The funeral was on Friday afternoon, so while Darrin and Daniel kept the kids at our house my sister Carrie and I rode with my parents to Huntsville, AL. It was a blessed time visiting with family again, especially to see those I hadn't seen in close to two years and some even longer. However, we would have liked to have gathered for different circumstances.
Carrie sang two songs during the funeral, "Jesus, I Am Resting, Resting", and Chris Tomlin's version of "Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)", and I accompanied her on the keyboard. After the funeral service and burial we went to my cousin's church where food had been prepared for us. It was a really nice time enjoying family and fellowshiping with one another.
While we were gone the kids had a blast with their daddies. Rebekah was especially excited to play with her cousin.
Sharing the love
I heard Rebekah was all over her uncle Daniel for a good while.
Joshua must have had something really important to say.
Saturday morning I took the kids to my parents' to visit with Carrie and her family before they left to go home.
This is the face I got when I asked Rebekah to smile for the camera.
Taylor really looks up to Rebekah. She would follow Rebekah around everywhere and wanted to do whatever Rebekah was doing.
Rebekah still loves to wear hats and for others to join her! I love this picture because it shows Rebekah's personality.
And finally, my sweet boy!
I just wish Carrie and Daniel lived closer so the cousins could play more together!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
A Weekend with Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I am sorry to hear about your uncle. I will be praying for you and your family. Glad you were able to spend time with Carrie.
Post a Comment