I've been really bad about blogging lately! I apologize to all my few and faithful readers! Life has been very busy planning for Rebekah's upcoming birthday and party. She will be 4 years old in a week and a half, and on Saturday we are giving her a small party. Although the party will be intimate, I am preparing all the food which is so much more work than buying pre-packaged things and having a cake made. So, things are a little crazy around our house getting ready for the weekend.
Since my last update on Joshua he is walking more and more consistently. He still crawls some, but I'd say he's walking about 75% of the time now. He really loves to be on his feet. In addition, his nap schedule has been off a lot this week due to shopping trips to buy things for Rebekah's party and such, so Joshua is much crankier in the evenings and only wants me. It makes it very difficult on me when he wants me to hold him constantly, and sometimes he's still not completely content. Sometimes nursing does the trick, but I'm ready for him to drop this last middle-of-the-day feeding anytime now. I know that sounds horrible, but it is totally for his contentment, and most of the time he's barely sucking.
On a totally different note, both the kids have eaten something that is off-limits. Joshua got a hold of some miniature Nutter Butter peanut butter sandwich cookies. Rebekah had several in a bowl and left them on the couch just where Joshua could eyeball them. Then later he found a box of Crunch'N'Munch that Rebekah had left out on the floor. Of course, I was much more concerned about the latter due to popcorn and peanuts being a choking hazard, but I was able to confiscate the pieces from his mouth before they became a problem. So far, Joshua has not had a reaction to any of the peanut products, so I think peanut butter is safe, but I will probably hold off feeding it much until he's closer to age 2.
Rebekah also ate something inappropriate. A rubber band. Yes, she nibbled a piece of rubber band and swallowed it. I have no clue if she's passed it yet. Hopefully it doesn't cause problems! Joshua passed a teeny tiny styrofoam ball that is supposed to resemble a berry on some of my fall stuff. I know I sound like the most negligent mom in the world, but I guess stuff like this happens, but it all seems to be happening at once. Well, it is. All in one week.
Joshua's language is developing more. He is learning his manners so well! He says "tee" for "Thank you" and replies with something that sounds much like "You're Welcome" that strangers understand it. I was at Wal-Mart getting help with Rebekah's birthday present, and the employee told Joshua that he was a beautiful boy. I told him to say "Thank you" and he replied, "You're Welcome." The woman asked me how old he was. She was totally shocked!
Rebekah has been extremely sweet lately, almost too much, but I love it! She constantly says, "I love you, Mommy." One day it was even up to every 2 minutes or even less that she would tell me she loved me. She tells her Daddy the same thing, but not as much. She sometimes follows up with hugs and kisses too. So sweet!
Darrin and I have really noticed how much Rebekah has not been picking on Joshua nearly as much lately. She is kind to him and really loves on him more. It's really sweet to watch, and it makes me proud to see her maturing in such a way.
On a final note, Rebekah said something really funny tonight on our way home from Cubbies. Rebekah had asked me to spell all the names of her classmates and leaders in her Cubbies class. After I spelled Will's name we talked about the fact that he has a new baby brother. A few minutes later Rebekah told me that she was going to have a little sister. I said, "Uh! Do you want a little sister?" She told me she did, and I told her she would have to talk to her Daddy about that. So I had her tell Darrin what she said, and then she said she was going to be a big brother. LOL! Where does she come up with these things?
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Little Things They Do and Say
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
It sounds like everything is going really well! I hope the week stays calm and you are able to get everything done for the party!
Post a Comment