Monday, September 8, 2008

AWANA Starts Back!

Tonight was Rebekah's first day starting Cubbies in AWANA. She could not wait! Most of the other children in her class were also in Puggles last year, and a couple of them didn't want to promote because it was so fun last year, but Rebekah has been so excited for the past few weeks. She kept telling me she wanted to wear her Cubbies life jacket (i.e. vest) around the house, but I had to remind her that we needed to save it for Sunday nights. So tonight she finally got to dress for club.

This week I was recruited to help out as a leader in Cubbies, and I am getting to work in Rebekah's class. I got a few pictures from our first night. It is jam packed with activities, but it is a lot of fun, too! Tonight was just an introduction to Cubbies, so I know it's just going to get better.

All dressed and ready to go!


Rebekah poses for the first day in her class


After making a craft and having a snack they join with the younger 3's for a game.


Rebekah's turn!


After game time all the 3's join the 4's for music time and a puppet show.


We ended the evening back in our original classroom where the kids could color, do puzzles, or play until the parents came to pick them up. Since I am a leader I stay to clean up, so it makes for a later night, but I'm looking forward to taking a more active role in the Children's Ministry and to see first-hand what Rebekah is doing and learning in AWANA.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

LeeAnne said...

Wow, that's a lot of kids! It looks like a fun time though; good for you for volunteering (or, at least, for allowing yourself to be volunteered). I just got in on the 3-year-old Sunday School rotation ... that should be interesting, to say the least! ;-)