Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Chillin' at the Cabin

After two big days at Dollywood we spent some time resting at the cabin today. We were all very tired, plus we didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night. One of the cabins above us has a large group of people who were very noisy laughing and partying between 3:00 and 5:00 in the morning. I woke up to the racket at around 4:00 and went back to sleep after a while, but Darrin was awake more. One of our neighbors got in a pretty heated argument with them. He told them it was 5:00 AM and one of them responded, "COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO!" Today a number of people called the office to report the group, and fortunately they are being dealt with. Hopefully they will keep quiet tonight.

After things finally settled down a loud rain shower came through. There was no lightning nor thunder, but it was a downpour that was loud! Obviously, we didn't sleep as well as we would have liked. It was a good day to rest and chill. I did, however, take Rebekah to The Christmas Place on the main drag in Pigeon Forge. It is the one store I like to visit every time we come to the Smoky Mountains, and I thought it would be fun to share the experience with Rebekah. She seemed to really enjoy it as well, although she did tire and was ready to head back to the cabin before I was quite ready.

Here is the view from our cabin. It is really beautiful, and the pictures don't do it justice.



Here you can see actually how close the cabins are to one another.


One of the activities at the cabin we have enjoyed is playing pool: Joshua-style. Every time Darrin would take a turn hitting the ball Joshua would pick it up off the table, as long as he could reach it, and drop it in a pocket.







This evening we had plans to hit the pool after an early dinner since it closes at 7:30. However, Rebekah was really tired, and although she wanted to go swimming we felt like she needed some time to rest. I really wanted a dip in the water, so I decided to enjoy the hot tub. Rebekah didn't want to join me at first, but she really wanted to spend time with me. She finally decided to try it (in her own words) "for just a little bit". She surprised us and loved it!


When Joshua came out with Darrin a while later he wanted in the spa with me too, so it wasn't long before our entire family was enjoying the hot tub together.


It wasn't so relaxing with Joshua trying to walk everywhere and falling constantly, but he sure was having a blast! Plus, we got to enjoy some time out there before a big thunderstorm came through, of which I'm enjoying the last few rumbles in the night.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: