This week Joshua has started going down the front steps without holding onto the rail. Oh, it makes me so nervous because I am afraid he is going to take a tumble. It all started on my parents' front steps on Tuesday when I took Rebekah to her swim lesson. Joshua did take a tumble there, but surprisingly, he didn't cry.
Wednesday afternoon I took the kids outside, and as I walked in the front door to lay the mail on the entry table I turned back around to find Joshua almost all the way down the steps in the dead middle not holding onto the rail. My heart skipped a beat...or a few beats.
When he gets to the bottom step he really tries to jump, but he hasn't figured out jumping yet. He usually bends his knees then bounces up and steps off. He has watched Rebekah jump off the last step (she'd jump down all the steps if I let her!) so much he tries to imitate her.
Update on Rebekah's swimming: Rebekah is putting her whole face in the water some now and is becoming more comfortable with it. If I understood Ms. Sandy correctly, Rebekah could keep herself above water now, so that's vast improvement to when we started. She is kicking really well. I meant to grab my video camera and walked out the door without it yesterday, but I'll definitely get some video her last day to show how well she is swimming by the end of a two-week sesson.
Friday, June 5, 2009
The Boy Makes Me Nervous
Labels:
jumping,
steps,
SwimAmerica,
swimming
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment