Wednesday, May 19, 2010

See Rock City

Rebekah had her last field trip to Rock City at the end of April. Originally, I had thought I would probably end up taking all 3 kids with me along with my parents, but instead, my mom offered to keep Micah at their house while Joshua attended preschool. This worked so much better. I was able to enjoy my time with Rebekah and not have to worry about extra little ones with me. It would have been way too hard to watch Joshua too as well as to fit through the "Needle's Eye" and "Fat Man Squeeze", two very narrow alleys between two humongous rocks, while wearing Micah. Rebekah was frightened that she would get stuck even though she is so tiny. I ended up carrying her through both of these. The first one she was absolutely terrified, and I had to have her look up so she could focus on the sky above so as to not feel claustrophobic.

When it came time to choose between crossing the swinging bridge or the stone bridge she chose the latter. However, after we had crossed and she watched some of her friends take the swinging bridge she wanted to try it. It was too late, though, so maybe next time.


After crossing the bridge you can overlook Chattanooga and see up to 7 states through the telescopes.



All the girls hung out together except one who had moved on with two of the boys from the class.






These pictures don't do it justice. These set-ups of fairytales are lit with black light.




All in all, a fun day. I had been wanting to take our family for a while. It had been a few years since I had been to Rock City. But we just felt like Joshua was still rather young to go. I couldn't get over all the places that would make nice photo backdrops, but we just didn't have an opportunity to stop since we were with a group, plus a large school group was behind us. It was a beautiful day to enjoy Rock City!



No comments: