So, it's been a while...again. I finally gave my blog a fresh, new look to take it into winter, so now it doesn't feel out of season. Maybe I can stay better on top of it now that I feel like it's up-to-date in its look.
Today marks 35 weeks of pregnancy. It's hard to believe! I only have about five weeks left before our new bundle of joy will arrive, and we will have THREE blessings in our family. Darrin and I have tossed around names and just could not make up our minds. I leaned toward one name while Darrin leaned toward another. We finally came to a compromise, and our new baby boy is going to be called Micah Andrew. His initials will spell M.A.C. which is a little nickname we have been calling him for the three top names we had for a first name: Micah, Andrew, and Caleb. I am in love with the name Micah, and Darrin really likes Andrew, so we're using them both instead of a family name for the middle name as we have done in the past. So, it looks like MAC is going to stick, but that will be our little pet name for him around the house.
Almost three weeks ago I got to have a 4D ultrasound. We thought Micah was not going to cooperate because his back was actually facing us in the images, but he finally turned, and we got some decent shots. The tech offered to allow us to come back again since the fluid around his face was not as much as it could be, but by the time my next appointment was approaching, his head was settling down pretty low into my pelvis where the fluid was even less prominent. So, I just decided to cancel my second appointment and settle for the photos I did get, which weren't bad. In the first photo you can see his leg and knee pulled up to his face.


I also made the big decision to go for the VBAC. It was a difficult decision to switch doctors, but I really love my new OB, and with each visit the more I like him. I am getting really excited about trying for a VBAC as well. My doc told me the other day that he and another OB in the practice believe I am a PERFECT candidate. I pray all goes well and that my recovery will be smooth, especially with having two older children to care for in the meantime.
I am feeling pretty well lately. I get tired, so I take frequent rests, I'm on an Rx for acid reflux, but other than that I am feeling pretty good. I feel big, although I don't really look it. The baby is measuring small, although not small for my kids. Micah will probably weigh around 6 lbs. or so, right about on target with Rebekah, although smaller than Joshua. Of course, you never really know until the baby is delivered.
Rebekah is pretty excited about having a new baby in the house. She came up with some ideas that she can do to help out, such as dressing him and such. I am more concerned about Joshua. He is such a "Momma's Boy", cuddles a lot in my belly and chest, and wants to act like a baby himself sometimes. I know it will be harder on him, so I'm going to really try to focus on including him during feeding times and give him extra attention when his baby brother is sleeping.
I will close for now and return with updates on what the kids are doing these days. There's just too much to share in one post!
Please comment if you're still reading! I'm so sorry it's been a while since my last update. I hope to still have an audience with whom to share our adventures.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Update on My Pregnancy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Praying for your last few weeks here and that your VBAC goes well. My mom had 4 VBAC's after having 3 c-sections with no complications.
Love his name, very cute! Good luck with the VBAC. I hope all goes well with your delivery!
I'm still reading! I check in about once a week to see if there are updates. I loved reading about the kids and their goings-on, as well as the update on Micah! Such an exciting time for you family!
I also check your blog for updates and love reading about your family. Since we don't live close anymore it is a great way to stay connected.
Keep us all posted with M.A.C!!
Post a Comment