Monday, November 16, 2009

Catching Up

Wow! It's been over a month since I've blogged! I apologize to my readers, what few there may be. So, what have we been doing over the past 5 weeks or so? Well, Rebekah's birthday party was scheduled for right around the last time I posted. Rebekah woke up sick the morning of her party. She curled up on the couch to watch cartoons and fell asleep after eating a little breakfast. A few minutes later she woke up vomiting. The Little Gym was gracious enough to reschedule her party for the following Friday. It actually worked out well because all her friends except for one was able to come, and another friend was sick the same weekend she was sick, so it worked out well. It just rained really hard before the party and some were late, but it was a very fun party!

The following weekend Rebekah attended a birthday party, and that next weekend we had fall break. We took our first family trip to the beach. We stayed at Seacrest Beach in a condo owned by our friends Tim and Stephanie. My parents joined us for the week. While the water was too cool to really get in it other than to let the waves run over our feet it was a nice, relaxing trip. Rebekah loved every single little aspect of the trip, and going for her was all worth it.

After we returned from our vacation Rebekah attended two more birthday parties. That week we also had a field trip with Rebekah's class to the Apple Valley Orchard and then our church's annual fall festival on Halloween.

Since then my mom and I have spent a weekend in Sevierville and Pigeon Forge shopping at The Incredible Christmas Place and Tanger Outlet, and we stayed the Inn at the Christmas Place. Oh, how that got me in the mood to decorate for Christmas! I didn't put up any fall decorations this year, so I'm excited to start putting up Christmas decorations a little earlier than normal (usually after Thanksgiving). I need to re-do my wreath and garland on the mantle this year, and I've decided to do gold, red, and lime green for a change.

Last week we had a playdate with Rebekah's friend Maggie. Her birthday party was held the day we left for the beach, so we had to miss it. So, we invited Maggie and LeeAnne to visit so Rebekah could give Maggie her gift as well as to give the girls time to play and us moms to chat. On Saturday we met at the English Rose Tea Room to celebrate our girls being big girls now that they are five years old. Jessica was supposed to join us along with her daughter Heidi who also turned five in October, but they were sick and unable to come.

Well, that catches you up on the latest of where we have been. It's been a busy last few weeks, and tomorrow is Darrin's birthday. One of these days I'll be back with photos from all our adventures of the past few weeks.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: