Lately Joshua has been telling me when he is wet or dirty after the fact, although not always consistently. We pulled out the potty chair a while back, and we let him sit on it occasionally, but we don't push it much. He mostly sits on it for fun or before his bath. I wasn't completely sure if he was really ready to potty-train. Rebekah was extremely difficult to train, and she was 3 1/2 before she finally decided to pee-pee train full-time. It sort of happened overnight, although she still had a number of accidents in the process. So, I didn't want to push Joshua if he wasn't really ready, but I wanted to give him the opportunity if he was.
So, just now during his naptime I heard Joshua crying which is unlike him for the middle of his nap. When I went to get him he was pulling at himself. I thought maybe his diaper was wet, and although it didn't feel wet it could have been a little, so I changed him. Then he started telling me "dirty". He wanted to go sit on the potty, so I put him on it. Rebekah was on the big potty as well, so he sat for a good while. I later noticed two little droplets on the seat, and when he got up I saw that he had pee-pee'd just a little in his potty chair! Woo-hoo!!! This is a first for him! Hopefully potty-training will be much easier with him.
One funny thing about it was while he was sitting on the potty and when I pointed him down so that he pee'd in the potty Rebekah started asking me questions about the difference between him and herself. "Penis" is a word that niether I nor Darrin are ready to teach Rebekah, so I just told her that it is where Joshua pee's, and that it's part of a boy. So, the next thing I know Rebekah starts asking if her friends who are boys have one too. Then she asks if men do also. Oh, the life of having a girl and a boy each!
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
On the Road to Potty-Training...Again
Labels:
potty,
potty training
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
We have definitely had some interesting conversations on the same subject matter! :)
Love your blog look!
Yay Joshua! By the time he is trained it will be Caleb's turn so you will have to tell me what works. I know all kids are different in that area though. Once he turns 2 I'm planning on starting the training.
Oh, I hope this is it for him! If it's not, not a big deal, but if it is...yay! Regardless, you are approaching it with caution and care and that's all that can be asked for. As for the differences, isn't that a fun conversation to have?! Ugh...
Post a Comment