Joshua's naps are changing. He has been transitioned from two naps to one, and it generally falls right in the middle of the day. This makes PT days hard because he gets only about 30 minutes of a nap after lunch in the car on the way to PT, and once he gets frustrated it is hard to get him back to playing and working again. His limit is about 45 minutes of PT and then we have to stop.
Rebekah just started summer preschool yesterday, so we moved Joshua's PT to Tuesday mornings after I drop Rebekah off at preschool. This is working so much better! Joshua is still pretty fresh, so when he does get frustrated he will come back to playing and working again.
At one point he wanted to comfort nurse, so Mrs. Amanda took him out of the room for a little walk in the hall. She got him calmed down by taking him into the OT (Occupational Therapy) room with a large mirror. I stayed out of the room while Amanda worked with him. He did really great for her while I stayed out of sight, but fussed when he saw me, so I kept my distance and watched when he couldn't see me. I returned for the last few minutes of his session so she could show me what he can do and what to work on this week. Joshua took a couple steps while she held his waist! Also, she had him play with bubbles and got him to hold onto a bench with one hand and completely turn his body to reach for the bubbles behind him. I have been so amazed at all the little milestones and steps that a child must reach between the major milestones. I never knew there was so much involved until Joshua started PT, but with each minor milestone I celebrate. And on top of that, he spent nearly a whole hour in PT. I'm so proud of Joshua's progress! Now I just need to get his little push/ride-on car out of the basement again.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Minor Milestones
Labels:
cruising,
naps,
physical therapy,
steps
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
It sounds like the kids are doing so well with things! Yeah!
Post a Comment